1. Located in an urban area and serve urban youth in Northeast Ohio.
2. Currently do not have a student newspaper/yearbook/online publication.
3. Willing to provide space and scheduling for a full-credit, year-long class.
4. Open to nurturing student voice and encouraging media literacy.
5. Interested in raising student test scores, G.P.A.s and attendance rates.
6. Collaboration oriented.
1. Located anywhere! (Preference is given to non-urban areas)
2. Must have an established student-run media outlet (i.e. print, broadcast, online).
3. Open to nurturing student voice and encouraging media literacy.
4. Collaboration oriented.
© 2011, 2012, Urban Scholastic Media Initiative (USMI) * 526 E. Superior Ave. Ste. 260, Cleveland, Ohio 44114 * (216) 664-1095