Creating, supporting, and sustaining school-based student media programs in Northeast Ohio through
We are proud to announce our first collaborative venture with Shaw High School in East Cleveland and Hawken Upper School in Gates Mills! This school year will be spent developing a relationship between each school's journalism program, and working to establish a strong model partnership.
The full pilot program is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2013 with our first pilot and partner schools.
Tentatively, our first pilot school (Shaw) and its students will:
* Have a scholastic media course offered to approximately 20 students as an elective
for full course credit.
* Design, create and improve school media (ex. newspaper, news magazine, yearbook, online, broadcast, etc.).
* Partner with another scholastic media program outside of the city (Hawken) which has a current scholastic media program to create a regularly updated joint online publication as well as accompanying print media.
* Have access to state-of-the-art and industry standard equipment to create media projects.
* Attend the Ohio Scholastic Media Association workshops in October and state convention in April.
* Attend and compete in the National Scholastic Press Association/Journalism Education Association in November.
In time, the program can be developed for additional pilot and partner schools. Click here for more information. If you are interested in more information about this initiative, please do not hesitate to contact Kate Klonowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-200-8687.
Get your cool USMI gear here!